Weekly Update for September 8-12
- We hope all South students are adjusting well to their new classrooms and routines and have another great week of school.
- This year, South PTC will be offering Market Day fundraising. Please look for order and delivery information in your student’s Friday Folder this week. To find out more about Market Day, please see Market Day Webpage.
- Pick-up Announcement: If you are picking up your students at the main entrance at the end of the school day, the South staff requests that parents wait at the sidewalk and avoid the area under the overhang and benches. This will assist teachers as they dismiss students.
Wednesday, September 10th
- Tonight is the 6th Grade Orchestra Parent/Student Meeting at 7:00 pm at the High School.
- DIBELS testing will take place in the afternoon today.
Thursday, September 11th
- Today is Picture Day. Order forms and information came home with your student in his or her Friday Folder. Be sure to send your picture order form to school with your student(s).
- Tonight is Parent Night for Young 5s and Kindergarten. Parent Night will begin at 6:00 pm and end at 7:30 pm. Please plan to arrive early to sign up to chaperon field trips and help with special events in the classroom.
- DIBELS testing will take place today,
Friday, September 12th
- Please join us for the 1st PTC Meeting of 2014/2015 school year at 9:00 a.m. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. Day care will NOT be available. Please come to meet Mr. Roberts, your new Board members, and find out what the PTC has planned for this year. Meetings generally last between 1 and 2 hours, but please join us for any portion of the meeting you are able to attend.
- Community Tailgater: Grandville fans are “Wanted” tonight for the Community Tailgater prior to the Grandville v. Muskegon varsity football game. The Community Tailgater will take place from 5:00 to 6:45 p.m. (Game time is 7:00 p.m.). Cost is $5 per ticket or $20 per family and includes a hot dog,chips, dessert and entrance to the game. There will also be raffles, face painting, Mascot visits, lawn games, music and more. The Community Tailgater will take place in the front of the High School pool entrance. In case of rain, the Community Tailgater will be moved to the cafeteria. Tonight is Western Night at Bulldog Stadium so SADDLE UP and come in your best WESTERN GEAR. Tickets may be purchased at South, the Community Ed. office, the High School Athletic office, or a the that Community Tailgater.
- Today is 6th Grade “B” music day.