South PTC update 12.17.17
Hey South families,
We had a great PTC meeting on Friday, thanks to those who come out! Heres a few highlights-
- You may have noticed the new extended drop off in front of the school! The crews just uncovered the extra sidewalk that was just installed, so now MORE kids can exit cars in front of the school at one time. Remember- NO PARKING! Keep the line moving, make ure kids are ready to go when you pull up. Drivers should NOT be exiting their vehicles. If you wish to exit, find a parking spot.
- If your student will have a change in their end of day home transportation, teachers and office need to be notified as far in advance as possible. Teachers do not always have time to check emails during the day, and students do forget to turn in notes with instructions. Please help notify the teachers and staff as early in the day as you can.
- Also, please notify teachers as far in advance as possible if you’d like to get homework or assignments for a student who will be out for multiple days
Our Winter fundraiser flyer for Frandale foods came home on Friday. It’s a local company and we have heard great reviews on their products! Thanks in advance for posting at work and sharing with friends and family during the holiday!
We have had a great restaurant dining night turnouts, our most recent ones- Applebees brought in $484 and Potbelly brought in $232! We try to offer a lot of options- which is more work for our coordinator, but we know that everyone’s schedules and tastes are different. So we thank you for participating in the ones you like and that work with your schedule! And because it has been going well and our budget is looking great for everything we still have planned, we have decided to cancel Penny Wars. We are formulating a plan to bring them back next year and put the money to good use.
The Grandville gear orders and the free shirts will be in the later half of this week! I’ll be contacting you if you had a large order. You’ll be able to pick them up Friday at school if you’re coming in for class parties.
Carnival is coming up quick- January 26th 4:30pm-8pm. Volunteers are needed! Please use this sign up if you’re able to volunteer!
We will be looking for donations for the cake walk (Can also be cookies or other sweet treats in bags), 2 liters of pop, theatre sized boxes of candy, and suckers!
Monday December 18th- Terry Hall skate night! 6p-8p, admission is $5 and skate rental is $1. Bring your flyer and enter to win a free pop (Flyer came home Friday!)
Wednesday December 20th- Jets pizza night- flyer came home Friday and is also available on our facebook page!
Friday December 22nd- Classroom parties, wear your ugly holiday sweaters or your favorite holiday outfits, and Grandville gear pickup.
No School Dec 25-Jan 5
Sub Sale orders due January 10th!
January 10th- Big Boy Fundraiser (Flyer will come home Dec 22 due to break)
Do you follow our Facebook page? Did you know I create an “event” for the school wide events that we do? Just select “Going” or “Interested” and you’ll get a reminder on your phone (If you have your settings configured to display Facebook Event Reminders) I know it helps me a ton to see reminders for things coming up and I hope it helps others!
The next Griffins fundraiser game is January 13th. Superhero Night – Scarf and Comic Book Giveaway (first 2,000 fans) – Post Game Autograph Session
You can buy your tickets here-
Upper Level Faceoff —$15—Upper Level Center Ice—$18
Lower Level Faceoff- $21—Lower Level Center Ice—$25
(A savings of $5 per ticket – plus no service fees.)
PURCHASING TICKETS ONLINE IS EASY!
1. Log on to griffinshockey.com/promocode
2. Enter promo code: SouthPTC
3. Select your seats and make your purchase
I still also have GR Drive tickets available at $12 each for their game on December 28th. Please send in money or check to South PTC with how many tickets you want and Child/teachers name and I can have them sent home or available for pickup on Friday at the class parties!
I’m also working on a time for a Rebounderz fundraiser but it will be Friday December 29th, as soon as time is determined, I will post on facebook (Create an event) and I hope to have the flyer sent home this Friday!
Also, last call for any Campbells Labels for Education cutouts that you might have! The program ends 12/31 and I need to have all final submissions postmarked by then, so please have them to the school by Friday 12/22.
Each year the 6th grade classes participate in a community service project of their choosing. This year, the students will be collecting donations for the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans. If your family would like to help by donating to this wonderful cause, there will be donation boxes in the lobby until December 22nd. Please see the attached donation “Wish List” provided by the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans.
As always, thanks for your support!